Monday, October 25, 2010

Friends and Caves

Hello everyone!
Winter is definitely here. The top of Mt Ventoux now has snow!

We started last weekend with a trip to Isle sur la Sorgue where I ate a cafe liegois from Isabelle's. That's the name of the ice-cream. It's a huge ice-cream with two scoops of coffee ice-cream, coffee sauce, coffee and whipped cream. It was so huge! We also had a look at the antique markets. I find it amusing that you are always guaranteed to find antique keys from doors in France. It was so cold that when we climbed back into the car that there was frost all over the windows!

We then drove to the Thouzon Cave. We entered into a small corridor which snaked it's way down into the ground. It was surprisingly warmer inside the cave then outside! Outside it was 10 degrees and inside it was 13 degrees! It was discovered in 1902 by two men excavating for a quarry. Inside there are numerous stalactites and stalicmites. While we were walking we saw them everywhere. They looked like macaroni entering and leaving the earth. We also saw tree roots from where trees have reached down from the earth above searching for water. We also passed small deposits of water from where it had gathered up over time.

On Wednesday I had Corentin, my friend, come over and play at my house. We raced cars on my electric car track and went to the local skate park with our bikes. We ate pasta for lunch and ate crepes in front of the "I Robot" movie.

On Saturday I went to Corentin's house in Malemort du Comtat. We kicked a soccer ball around at the oval near his house and played Soul Excalibur 4 on the Xbox 360. We rode on the bikes to the skate park near his house and went on the jumps too.

On Sunday we went to the Vide Grenier in Mazan. I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2, Brothers in Arms 4 and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on the PS2 for 9 euros and I bought a cool skateboard for 3 euros!

Serge, Isabelle and Raphael came over to our house to play Risk in the afternoon. I won after a two hours of battling. We also ate "Gauffres" or waffles in French with cream, ice-cream and chocolate sauce.

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment