Saturday, January 9, 2010

My first week in France


Hello to who-ever is reading my blog at this moment in time! I hope you stick around to listen to my whole adventure. I have decided to add a blog every week so at the end of the year I will have 52 blogs.

Well, things have quickly changed for me! From the warm Sunshine Coast to freezing France, everything is a bit of a shock. All the French people are so friendly! I have already made 9 friends. This is great, as it is only my first week here. Now I'm going to tell you about my adventure so far.

We took off from our house on the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane airport. Yay, we were going to France! We went through Brisbane airport with ease, preparing for a long journey. The flights to Singapore, Paris and Marseilles went great as well. We were then greeted by our cheerful landlord at the airport and driven down to the house. We were given a swift tour of the house before a quick dinner. We hit the hay and finally fell asleep. We were all extremely tired from our 35 hour journey!

The day after we arrived was an extremely busy day with introductions from Pascal, the landlord to his partner Christine. We were thrown into a beautiful dinner with countless courses. After that dinner we felt very full and tired from a big day. That night we got a great sleep with our full tummies!

On Saturday we enjoyed a lazy day, forced by the rain. We were hoping to explore that day but the rain post-poned our plans. The next day was great experience for Ivy and I because we were introduced to the landlord's children Constance(13), Raphaelle(11) and Charlotte(9). We played on their huge trampoline for 4 hours in the cold! We all had great fun. The next day was lots of fun with an introduction to the girls' friends. Constance has a friend whose brother is the same age as me! Raphael and I get on very well. We all played Ping Pong and Playstation before it was time to go home. We were all sad to go but were happy that we would see each other again.

The next day we went to Pernes de Fontaines. It is supposed to mean town of Fountains? We went to the markets in the town for the day and explored the countless stalls. They ranged from groceries to delicious gourmet foods. The next day was a shopping day with a trip to Avignon for some clothes. There is a huge shopping centre just outside of Avignon in their Center Commercial.

With Ivy in her second day of school we went to Carpentras to inspect the tourist information centre. Can you believe that tree climbing is a sport? Yesterday we stayed in the house because of snow. Apparently Mormoiron doesn't have snow ploughs!?

Today it snowed all over France to Ivy's and my delight. This morning we went out and played until we were almost frozen solid!!! I can see that I am going to enjoy this country!!

Well that's it till next week
Au Revoir!!





No comments:

Post a Comment