Sunday, January 17, 2010

My second week in France


It was a beautiful day today in Provence. After the last week or so of bitter cold, we started the week with sun and blue skies.
Dad, Ivy and I went for a walk to Mormoiron lake. There was a lot of mud and snow, but it was good to get out of the house after a weekend of rain.
The next day was great! With Ivy at school, Dad and I went for a walk around town. Dad and I agreed that we weren't ready to tackle Mt Ventoux. Mt Ventoux is the local mountain. It is known to look snowcapped all year round. It is actually limestone because early settlers cut down all the trees on top of the mountain. So, on Wednesday Dad and I clambered up one of the local hills. It was a spectacular view!
On Friday evening Raphael and I went to soccer training. It was great to meet some boys my age. We then played a fantastic game of soccer together. I had great fun even though my pants were saturated with mud. I scored one goal! The training sessions here start at six PM and finish at 8 PM. I almost got frost bite near the end. Bbbbbrrrr! We then went to our friends' house to say good-bye to an Australian girl who did a 5 month exchange to Carpentras. We are all sad to see her go. While the adults had drinks we went upstairs and played on Raphael's PSP and listened to Elisa's iPod. (Elisa is Raphael's older sister) We then had a delicious 'Raclette' dinner. Raclette is where you put cheese in a small dish and melt it in a machine. You then mush potato and salami and mix it together. (See the photo above.) It is delicious! We all partied hard until one o'clock in the morning!
The next day we were extremely lazy and tired with yawns all around. In the morning we did nothing but in the afternoon we received a phone call from Serge, Raphael's dad. We were invited to come to tennis! Dad and I had great fun. So far everyone is loving France, the delicious foods and the fantastic people. That's it until next week!
Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment