Saturday, February 27, 2010

School.

This has been my first normal week in France. It was good to arrive back in Mormoiron from Paris to a hearty lunch at Pascal's house with all his relatives. It was huge! We had spaghetti with steak and a type of fish cake. The dessert was really nice with a chocolate and bread base cake. We all went home to made beds and warm rooms for a deep sleep. That weekend was lazy with winds and a little bit of rain and relaxing all around. I started Monday with a spring in my step and excitement with the fact that I able to go to school finally! After two weeks of holidays I was rearing to get back to the school of good food and friends.

On Monday I had all my usual classes like maths, French and English. The difficulty of my English class was notched up a few levels as I was expected to answer all the questions in French. Lunch has become more fun lately as my friends and I have adopted the recreation room as our official hang out place. We all play table soccer and watch movies like ET. The food at the cafeteria is definitely improving with my last meal being chicken, chips and calamari. Calamari is considered disgusting by a lot of the kids at my school.

All the circuses are in town at the moment. There are different circuses in Mormoiron, Mazan, Carpentras and Avignon. At one point, we were all sitting in maths doing a test when a car advertising the circus came chugging up the road very slowly. It had two speaker phones on the top of the roof. Suddenly it started singing and blaring out things in French. It totally ruined the calm class atmosphere and made everyone crack up laughing.

My soccer training on Friday was called off because the coach couldn't make it. I had a check up the day before to see if I would qualify to play soccer. It's all very official, here. Today is Saturday and I am going to play my first game of soccer. YEAH! Go the Loriols! The Loriols is the name of my team. It is a suburb outside of Carpentras, the closest big city near us. I am leaving soon to go to Raphael's house to get ready for the big game. I'll update you next week.
Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment