Monday, November 15, 2010

Ferrari, go carts and bowling!

The last week has been fantastic. I have been to many places and I can't wait to tell you about it.

I went with Dad to the Circuit de Lenon. That is a race track about forty minutes drive from our house. We arrived and Dad was immediately put into the briefing room with the other drivers. Dad had the opportunity to drive a Ferrari F430 for six laps. It really was a beautiful car. I took photos as he raced around the track. He then jumped into an old Ferrari which was fitted out to race with a roll-cage, racing tires and a huge spoiler on the back. I also saw a Ferrari Scudera in matt black. It was beautiful. I was looking at Dad's car when a man asked me if I wanted to sit in the passenger seat and be driven around the track! It was fantastic because the man went very fast. I hardly had the chance to think about anything before we we pulled into the pits again.

After that Dad and I walked over to the smaller track and we raced go-carts together! The carts were really powerful. We went at about thirty to forty kilometres an hour! There were quite a lot of turns and my favourite was the hairpin bend. I went a little bit too fast on some sections and may have hum.. lost control?

That Thursday was a public holiday so we went to a friends' house. We stayed until quite late. The next morning I was exhausted and sick so I stayed at home for the day. So it turned into a four day weekend! That's what every-one does in France. They 'jump the bridge' from the Thursday public holiday into the weekend. Almost every-one stayed home from school for the day, most of all the my teachers!

On Sunday we all went bowling at Le Pontet, just before Avignon. It's a large 'commercial centre' which is a huge group of shopping centres and warehouses. We went bowling at a big arcade in the middle of Le Pontet. It was fantastic fun. I got two strikes and three spares. My first score was sixty three and my second was ninety-four. The record was two hundred and thirty four!

That's all over here!
Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment